Internet Explorer Won't Open

fergie_heights 12:05 12 Apr 06

Am with e7even broadband, so don't know if the problem is with them or with my computer settings as I cannot get any reply from them. On using the internet last week it stopped working so turned off modem etc. On trying to connect that evening could not get the home page to open got message page cannot be displayed, page I am looking for unavailable etc. Also on the bottom task bar there was an error message c:\winnt\system32\shdoc\c.dd/dnserror.htm Have tried with Zone alarm disconneceted and with all phone unplugged etc. but still joy. Your help would be very much appreciated

Aargh 12:19 12 Apr 06

You are not connecting to the internet. Check your connection settings:

Start>Control Panel>Network & Internet Connections>Network Connections

Click on your connection and press dial or right click and press connect - this will test your connection.

If no joy:

Start>Control Panel>Network & Internet Connections>Set up or change your internet connection>connections

Highlight your default connection and check your settings (provided by your ISP)username/passwords etc

Does your modem also have diagnostic software you can use?

Aargh 12:24 12 Apr 06

If you CAN connect, can you get other web pages? It could be a problem with their page, or try resetting their page as your homepage.

Tools>Internet Options>General

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…