Internet explorer won't open

Totally-braindead 15:02 24 Nov 04

A friend of mine has a PC on which internet explorer won't start up on, you see on the screen for a fraction of a second the internet explorer page but it just closes down again. I've tried repairing internet explorer and reinstalled it as well but neither makes any difference. Anyone any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 15:04 24 Nov 04

What OS?

sfc may work on win 98 / xp.

start

run

sfc

kaz_lovin_mike 15:09 24 Nov 04

mine did that for a while turned out i had a virus

Totally-braindead 15:09 24 Nov 04

Thanks for that Diodorus Siculus I'm getting the PC delivered tonight and I'll give that a go and see what happens, the PCs on XP. I thought system restore might help but they've already tried that so any ideas would be appreciated. If I have to I'll blank it and reinstall but thats a last resort, I'd much rather find out whats wrong with it in case it happens again.

Totally-braindead 15:11 24 Nov 04

Thought of that kaz_lovin_mike the Pc has Norton Anti Virus on it fully updated, reason I thought of a virus is the auto protect has been disabled and it won't go back on. Does anyone know if this a sign of a virus?

woodt 17:14 24 Nov 04

It could be, try booting into Safe Mode and then doing a virus scan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…