Internet explorer wont load web pages-due to ZA 5?

Viv-208691 17:09 22 Jun 04

Hi there, I'm extremely bemused by my PC. A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Zone Alarm 5 because several people had recommended the free Zone Labs firewall to me. However, I found that the firewall caused my internet connection to become unstable so I uninstalled the firewall. I have found since that Internet Explorer has been unable to load any pages, informing me that'The page cannot be displayed.'

I use AOL 9, IE 6 on a Win XP Home Edition PC.

Can someone please help me since I dont want to have to pay to have my PC looked at by the manufacturer.

Kind regards, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mikè 17:16 22 Jun 04

Does your AOL browser work properly?

Viv-208691 17:31 22 Jun 04

I can sign into AOL ok (it uses the broadband connection to do this) and i can access the AOL 'channels' but no 'world wide web' services.

Therefore it must be a problem with IE.

Kind regards

Mikè 17:33 22 Jun 04

Yes but have you tried browsing the web using aol9 and not IE?

Viv-208691 17:35 22 Jun 04

Yes i have, AOL won't open the web pages either. It displays the same "page cannot be displayed" message.

Thanks for your help

Mikè 18:22 22 Jun 04

Ok have you tried restoring to before you installed ZA-5?

Viv-208691 18:25 22 Jun 04

yes but for some reason the system restore doesnt work. so that option isnt available

thanks though, i greatly appreciate your advice

Mikè 18:36 22 Jun 04

You could try repairing xp using the xp cd, this will keep your documents/programs ect but would loose any XP updates.

Viv-208691 18:40 22 Jun 04

ok i wil try that then let you know how it goes. thanks

more help in the meantime would be equally appreciated.

kind regards

Mikè 18:41 22 Jun 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…