//some 3rd party need geo

Internet Explorer won't let me access certain site

oo7juk 21:59 26 Jun 03

Hi,

For the past five nights I have been trying to access certain pages within a couple of web sites.

The sites are click here and click here

They let me into the site, but when I go to apply for a card or a quote it just reads 'Cannot find server', this happens all the time.

Is there something up with my IE settings. It would me appreciated if someone can try and access these sites and try to go further, just to see if it's the actual site that's down.

Many thanks.

john-232317 22:17 26 Jun 03

Are you running a popup stopper?
If so disable it.
I had the same trouble when i tried to book a ferry, cos they used a popup window to check bookings.
Hope it helps...

john-232317 22:19 26 Jun 03

PS
both sites ok at this time....

canard 22:53 26 Jun 03

Have you got active scripting disabled in tools-internet options-security- advanced?

mikef. 23:02 26 Jun 03

A lot of banking sites require you to have Java installed and working if you don't have it, and if you have XP with SP1a you probably don't, you can get it from click here

oo7juk 23:50 26 Jun 03

canard,

Did not see anything called active scripting? did see 'script debugimg', no luck with that.

Stuartli 00:09 27 Jun 03

This is Microsoft's full explanation of how to configure IE Security settings:

click here

Best bet is Proxomitron - see: click here

This will cure all your website blues and also acts as a popup stopper; it stops all advertising in fact.

If you use it make sure you follow the instructions carefully; on some websites you need to use the Bypass mode temporarily to enable filling in of order, credit card etc fields.

keith-236785 00:31 27 Jun 03

mikef. is right, microsoft no longer embed java in windows, sites that use java will not show the screens properly.

follow the link in his reply and download the java files, install and you should find everything works ok.

just for reference, the microsoft java file is called "msjavx86", this is then updatable via windows update (strange way of doing it but they (microsoft) know best)

you could do a search on google for the file if you wanted, or just click mikefs link

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…