Internet Explorer won't launch / open

SteveD73 10:42 24 May 05

Hi
Having big probs with launching my browser at the moment . When I click on my internet explorer icon or my broadband usb modem icon on my desktop the timer appears for 1 second and then nothing. The browser doesn't even open.
All that happens is my computer completly locks up for about 3 mins before giving a msg that it cant find 192.155.1.2...which is the ip address I log onto via my Binatone 500 modem.

My system says my modem is operational and my modem is detecting my Broadband line..Not an expert but it seems that something is preventing my browser from launching.

Have run all the usual Norton,adaware, spybot checks to no avail. Could it be a prob in my registery. If I post can someone have a look???
Ta

zemdarin 17:49 24 May 05

Hi Steve are you using windows XP? if so when did your IE last work. I would just restore to a time when it was working. Worth atry instead of going into your registry

SteveD73 13:07 25 May 05

Cheers mate , but system restore will not let me go backwards to a date before 19th May, when I 1st noticed.....I know I should be able to go back to a date in a previous month, but it's not allowing this...HELP!!

Technotiger 14:33 25 May 05

Hi, perhaps this might help -

click here

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…