Internet Explorer windows wont open...

toadoftoadhall 13:54 08 May 04

Can anyone help with this one? I recently re-installed Zone Alarm after a trial period. Since then when I click a link in an IE window and a new IE window tries to open, only the edges of the new window appear as an outline and it simply stops.
The rest of the applications on the computer run fine - it's just this second IE window which wont open.
I can open multiple IE windows if i do it manually - it just wont open a new window as a result of clicking on a link.
I'm wondering if I have some pop-up killer software in my machine which has kicked in, but I've looked and cant find it.
Anyone got any ideas? I'm running Win98se...

VoG II 14:00 08 May 04

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

toadoftoadhall 15:51 08 May 04

Thanks for that VoG - but I've run those DLL's, checked the registry and re-installed Internet Explorer. And it still does exactly the same thing.
I've also restored the registry from about 3 days ago, but that had no efect either.
Any other ideas ?

Ta...

toadoftoadhall 16:45 08 May 04

after a lot of messing about, i decided to delete a load of anti-adware programs lurking on my hard drive, and that seems to have resolved the problem. I think the one causing the problem was called "Noadware 2.0" so if anyone has a similar problem have a look for that using add/remove programs in control panel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…