Internet explorer window doesn't open

silverfox2 19:26 15 Dec 05

Internet explorer has stopped opening when I click on the shortcut(or the icon in program files).It appears in the taskbar and left clicking does nothing while right clicking gives a menu with move, size, mnimize, maximize and close but only close works.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the result is the same.
I've installed Firefox to enable me to send this - it's actually quite good isn't it? However I'm still curious to know what has happened to IE.
I'm running XP professional with SP2.
Any suggestions anyone?

VoG II 19:28 15 Dec 05

Try a repair click here

silverfox2 21:22 15 Dec 05

Thanks for the suggestion - tried it but no joy.

VoG II 21:27 15 Dec 05

Right click the icon in Program Files, Properties, under Run select Maximized. Then try again.

silverfox2 21:42 15 Dec 05

Now that's odd - I'd already checked that before trying the repair and it was set to run maximized, but now I haven't got the Run option after clicking Properties!

VoG II 21:54 15 Dec 05

Do you have the QuickLaunch area on the Taskbar. If so click on the IE desktop icon and drag it there. Then right click that and look at its properties.

silverfox2 18:15 16 Dec 05

Thanks for your help - I'm sorted!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…