Internet explorer window alignment

dave_the_red 22:26 04 Feb 05

I have a very strange problem that while not seriously affecting my usage of my pc is relly annoying.

My internet explore window is aligned wrong when it is maximized. It is too far down the screen so half of the status bar is missing and is too far to the right.

It is not my monitor settings because everything else is aligned correctly eg my desktop is correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPCAT® 00:16 05 Feb 05

Try the IE window without it maximised. Then, from the edges, top and bottom, click and drag it out to whatever size you want. The mouse pointer changes like so to achieve this. <->.

You can also try repairing IE6 by going to Add/Remove programs in Control panel, scrolling down to the MS Internet Explorer entry and double clicking it to select the Repair option. TC.

dave_the_red 08:25 07 Feb 05

Thanks for the help TC but soon after I posted this I thought why not use this as an excuse to try another browser. I installed Firefox and I dont think I will go back to IE again for the time being.

FelixTCat 09:12 07 Feb 05

Good choice. I moved over to Firefox and I wouldn't go back. There are some great extensions available on their website, too. I now only keep IE available for those incompetent websites that are so wedded to IE's functions that other browsers do not display them properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…