Internet Explorer will not refresh

lazanda 10:56 20 Jul 03

I keep trying to upload my website but despite the fact that I make changes, the site still shows the old stuff, even though I keep hitting refresh.

Is this to do with my ISP server being slow, or is it my machine ?

Valvegrid 13:26 20 Jul 03

It maybe worth having a word with them on this forum:

click here

lazanda 16:03 20 Jul 03

Thanks, will do...

Paul.

Jester2K II 16:37 20 Jul 03

When your browser doesn't refresh when you hit the refresh button, try this instead it becasue it is using old pre-cached data from your ISP.

Hold down the CTRL button and hit Refresh (of F5) and it'll redownload fresh data from the website and not the ISPs cache.

Jester2K II 16:40 20 Jul 03

When your browser doesn't refresh when you hit the refresh button, try this instead.

Hold down the CTRL button and hit Refresh (or F5) and it'll re-download fresh data from the website and not the ISPs cache.

When you normally hit refresh IE just redownloads the old data in the ISP cache rather than going back all the way to your website.

Megatyte 17:50 20 Jul 03

Or, in IE, click Tools - Internet Options. Under the General tab, Temporary internet files section, click Settings and select 'Every visit to the page'

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…