Internet Explorer will not load on Win 7 computer

beardies 09:54 29 Oct 14

Internet explorer suddenly ceased to work on my wife's PC. Tried most of the tests and remedies listed in Microsoft website but none worked. uninstalled the programme then installed IE 10. When I tried to run the programme it tries to start then just stops and closes. Any suggestion. (Have installed Google Chrome for now but would prefer IE)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:27 29 Oct 14

type

sfc /scannow

in the search box and let windows find and replace missing or corrupt files, this may take awhile, if it doesn't replace anything and IE will not work afterwards, we may have to look at services that may not be running correctly.

beardies 14:30 29 Oct 14

Have tried both suggestions. When I type sfc /scannow a dialogue box momentarily appears then disappears. Pressing IE brings up a blank dialogue box which stays open for 15-20 secs and then closes

Woolwell 14:51 29 Oct 14

Have you tried IE without add-ons in All Programs - Accessories?

beardies 15:11 29 Oct 14

Cannot find a listing under all programs - Accessories

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…