Internet Explorer---Very very slow

cagey 11:40 01 Apr 03

I am using an AMD2000, 256Mb Ram,40G HDD, WinXP.
I have been using Internet Explorer (IE6) without any problems. When I logged on last night, I could receive emails OK, but when I tried to log on to IE sites, it tried to open but after a couple of minutes I would get the dreaded message "This page cannot be opened". I couldn't even get this site to open. After a couple of attempts this morning, I have finally got in. I have emptied my Temp Internet folder, tried disabling XP Firewall and checked security setting(default). Could you please help me on this one. A quick response would be appreciated in case I lose this connection and can't log on to your site again.

flecc 12:38 01 Apr 03

You could try using a restore point to go back to before this happened.

cagey 12:43 01 Apr 03

I appreciate that you are extremely busy, but I would like a reply to my problem. I am scared that if I log out now I will not be able to open your site again. I have been trying (whilst waiting for a reply) to open other sites and the only one I could log on to was my bank Account, all the rest I got the message "This page etc..."
after about two minutes.

Big Elf 12:47 01 Apr 03

You're not with Freeserve are you? I've had similar problems for the last couple of days and think that they may be having problems.

Big Elf 12:50 01 Apr 03

although they claim their service status is "We are currently unaware of any problems with the Freeserve network"

cagey 12:51 01 Apr 03

Sorry flecc, I must have typing my hastener when your reply arrived. I am rather loathed to shut down in case I can't log on your lovely and helpful site again. Any further suggestions please?

cagey 13:47 01 Apr 03

flecc and Big Elf...Tried going a restore point, still got the same problem. Took the bull by the horns and phoned the freeserve helpdesk, who kindly informed that the dial up number has been changed . Now that I am using new number everything is back to normal. Thanks very much for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017