internet explorer is very slow

nerawan 15:35 08 Feb 08

I have a friend whose PC.is quiet new(5 months) and internet explorer has become very slow to open a page (like 20 seconds). What can be done to make it run faster. I know over the time using the internet this is very usual so what to do?. thanks.

Bogbrain 17:53 08 Feb 08

Does your friend delete all their temporary internet files before logging off? This also applies to any coockies downloaded to. A bit more information might help - as it maybe related to something else if your friend tries that and it doesn't resolve the problem.

nerawan 18:48 10 Feb 08

I think that's a normal problem when people use the internet.But i don't know exactly what people do to keep the p.c. running smoothly.

birdface 19:14 10 Feb 08

If on IE7 get him to disable his add-ons and see if it runs okay then.if so enable his add-ons one at a time till he finds the culprit.Or tools Internet Options.Advanced.Press restore advanced settings.Or Advanced.Reset.He will loose all his add-ons but can turn them back on again.Download and Run C Cleaner.What Anti-virus and security programs does he have running.If you have done all that and find no difference,Download Winaso Optimizer free.This only repairs 10 items at a time but you can run it as often as you like.It does an automatic update and has a registry defrag on it.click here.

pac73 19:21 10 Feb 08

Also try this click here

birdface 19:23 10 Feb 08

Hi,Another one I picked up from *raven* .click here I gave it a try at the weekend and I am opening my pages twice as quick as normal.So worth a try.Speed test to make sure he is getting the correct speed from his ISP.click here .Just click on the nearest pyramid when they open.Now I presume he has run all his security programs and found nothing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017