Internet Explorer v:7

Fleetblue 05:54 27 Aug 07

Thanks for the responses to my post "Problem accessing Internet". Unfortunately nothing worked. I now have Firefox as my browser but IE 7 is still lurking in the background with my hijacked Home Page. Is there any way of uninstalling IE? I have tried but it keeps reappearing. Would uninstalling it help to restore Internet access? Any help appreciated.

Pesala 07:19 27 Aug 07

I haven't read your other thread (you didn't provide a link), but it is straightforward to set a different home page in Internet Explorer. Tools, Internet Options, Home Page use current (after browsing to the page that you want to use).

birdface 07:51 27 Aug 07

If you have IE7 you can delete it in add Remove,Click the show up-dates button at the top and it will delete up-dates as well,Once you delete it IE6 will automatically be downloaded in it's place.

Fleetblue 09:54 27 Aug 07

Thanks buteman but I've already tried Add/Remove and strangely IE7 fails to appear. But if I click on the icon - there it is! I tried manually deleting it but it just keeps popping up. I did wonder if it had been removed and I tried installing IE6 from disc, but when I try this I get a little box telling me a "more up to date version is already installed".

VoG II 09:55 27 Aug 07

In Add/Remove it will be listed as Windows Internet Explorer 7.

birdface 11:22 27 Aug 07

Now I am not sure if doing this repairs IE7 or Deletes it.If when you are in Add Remove and you can't find Windows Internet Explorer 7 Try pressing Add remove Windows components,Scroll down till you get to I/E tick it and then Highlight Internet Explorer by clicking it.And then press next.Now I am not sure if this deletes or repairs it.Might be better to wait untill someone can inform us.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…