Internet explorer v7

anniesboy68 19:42 20 Oct 06

Just downloaded and installed it [over ie6] and every time I close it it states it has encountered an error and has to close. Well thats ok in a way as I am closing it anyway. But something is wrong!!!! I note it is available [I assume] to uninstall in Control panel add and remove progs. Would the download of 15157kb be the complete IE7, does anyone know, please?. And can it be uninstalled?

anskyber 19:43 20 Oct 06

Yes in add remove. It should roll back to IE6

anskyber 19:44 20 Oct 06

Did you download it and install over IE6 which had other things (plug ins) like a Google tool bar?

anniesboy68 19:50 20 Oct 06

anskyber......yes

anskyber 19:52 20 Oct 06

Right. It is very important to either disable the plug ins or uninstall them before you download and install IE&. you can reinstall them later if you wish.

anskyber 19:58 20 Oct 06

"Toolbars that are incompatible with Internet Explorer 7

We highly encourage you to install/update to the latest versions of the toolbars that you have installed. We have been actively encouraging application owners to provide updates to their toolbars to ensure compatibility and many have already released updates that work great with Internet Explorer 7.

If you are having problems with Internet Explorer 7 hanging, crashing, silently closing or other bizarre behavior, an incompatible toolbar or other add-on maybe involved. The fastest way to determine if an add-on is causing the problem is to run Internet Explorer 7 with no add-ons. You can do this by going to Start, clicking All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools and click Internet Explorer (No add-ons). This disables all add-ons from loading in that instance of Internet Explorer. If the problem goes away, you can manually disable specific add-ons to find the specific one causing the problem. Below are instructions on how to manually disable a specific toolbar and a list of known incompatible toolbars that can cause serious issues with Internet Explorer 7." from MS IE7 site

anskyber 19:59 20 Oct 06

"To disable a toolbar open Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

In Windows, click the Start button.
Click All Programs.
Click Accessories.
Click System Tools and then click Internet Explorer (No add-ons).
Once you determine the toolbar causing the issue, you should uninstall the toolbar through Add or Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel and then check the toolbar’s website for an updated version."

anniesboy68 20:03 20 Oct 06

anskyber....thanks will have a go bye for now!!

anniesboy68 20:19 20 Oct 06

anskyber.....Success....thank you very much AB68

anskyber 23:02 20 Oct 06

Glad to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…