Internet Explorer update 6 to 8

geedad 22:08 17 Feb 10

I have have just successfully updated from Internet Explorer 6 to 8. However, just a final error popped up because Windows needed to update, but was unable to and reported an error message
0x8024D007. MS indicated a few solutions, but I have not resolved the problem yet.
I think the update required is K8932823-v3-86-ENU, and the culprit that doesn't want to join my other updates!!
I have to say my PC is performing OK, and I can access my live streaming webcams with no problems, but of course, I must be able to update whenever an update is available. I think I saw something about Active-X also, if that's any clue.
Would appreciate Forum members experience on this one.
Thanks,
geedad

northumbria61 22:32 17 Feb 10

Go to this LINK and download the Microsoft "Fix It" tool which should sort out your Updates.

click here

northumbria61 22:35 17 Feb 10

click here

Refers to info about Active-X

geedad 23:32 17 Feb 10

northumbria61
Amazing! That 'fixed' the problem, and now I can update easily!
Thank you,
If only ALL PC problems could be solved this way!
Very grateful!
geedad

geedad 09:39 18 Feb 10

northumbria61
I have started a NEW thread with reference to your second response for Active-X.
ACTIVE-X Yes or No?
Thanks again
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…