Internet explorer trying to act as a server?

Madrat 01:47 04 Aug 06

Hi

Zone Alarm keeps warning me about the above. Should I allow or denigh it?

rawprawn 08:09 04 Aug 06

Allow

Audeal 13:14 04 Aug 06

rawprawn: Why? I never allow anything to act as a server unless I know why it needs to do this.

rawprawn 13:38 04 Aug 06

You have to allow access out and Server (in) for it to work properly. I know that some firewalls use different terminology, and I haven't run ZA for 9 months, but as far as I am aware it needs to act as server.

Batch 14:38 04 Aug 06

I have IE setup to allow Access on Trusted and Internet and blocked for Server on Trusted and Internet and it works fine. So I'd be wary of allowing the Server side.

Maybe time to run some anti-spyware programs?

Madrat 16:33 04 Aug 06

i'm even more confused now!

Taff™ 17:02 04 Aug 06

IE is a Server - it goes into the "Trusted Zone" (your internet connection) and does it`s stuff! When you installed Zone Alarm you skipped an option to Allow "your default" web browser access - hence the messages. Tick the "remember this setting?" box and Allow.

rawprawn 17:03 04 Aug 06

I'm not suprised!, all I can tell you is that I run F Secure and IE is allowed as server in, I used to run Sygate and if you set it not to be allowed as server, Sygate always changed it back to allow. I did run ZA and to be fair I don't remember having a problem. I'm afraid I can't tell you any more

rawprawn 17:09 04 Aug 06

Thank you for your clarification

Madrat 23:00 04 Aug 06

Ok thank you I asume its ok then, strange thing is Zone Alarm has been running for over 6 months and it only started to ask me affter an update, that was what woried me the most.

Taff™ 08:06 05 Aug 06

You`re right it started asking me this morning! Perhaps you did tick the right boxes originally - bit odd that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac