Internet Explorer trouble

ninky4 14:39 01 Mar 07

Hi Folks, can any one please help, My problem is that when I try to start Internet Explorer I get the error message cannot find server though I am using Firefox with no problems and I can acccess the internet on the broadband connection every time

skidzy 14:41 01 Mar 07

IE6 or IE7 ? if IE6 try this first click here will not work with IE7

TonyM 14:50 01 Mar 07

Check your homepage settings ....IE7 could be looking for a non-existent or mispelt site

ninky4 09:52 02 Mar 07

Thanks for trying to help I am using internet explorer 7 any help will be apprecisted

birdface 10:09 02 Mar 07

Hi try. Tools,Internet Options,Programs,Halfway down the box,make sure Internet Explorer is the Default Web Browser.And the button is pressed.

ninky4 10:19 02 Mar 07

Tried it still not working, it keeps saying it cannot display the web page. Have tried unistall and reinstalled still will not work and even my Incredimail is not working properly

birdface 10:37 02 Mar 07

Try,Start,Set Program Access and defaults.Custom.Dot Internet Explorer as default web browser,See if that helps.

birdface 10:47 02 Mar 07

If that does not work,Try,Tools,Internet Options,Advanced,And click restore advanced settings,That has worked for a few with the same problem,Worth a try.

anskyber 10:53 02 Mar 07

Try this. click here

ninky4 13:56 02 Mar 07

thanks all for trying to help. got so fed up have removed 7 and gone back to 6 but still getting the same error message, It cannot connect but Mozilla can, I changed to make it the default browser but that did not help either. any ideas where I can go from here

birdface 14:31 02 Mar 07

What Firewall and anti-virus are you using,Try with the firewall turned off,See if that helps.If you are back on IE6 you could try Skidzy's click here solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…