Internet Explorer - Table Rendering Problem

Pesala 00:30 29 Sep 03

My table displays beautifully in Opera, just as I defined it in Net Objects Fusion click here but in Internet Explorer, it looks completely different. click here What is the reason for this and how can I fix it?

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:25 29 Sep 03

has a dynamic page setting for "All Browsers", have a look. My version is a bit later and has this option.

Pesala 01:34 29 Sep 03

The setting was optimise for Netscape. Changing it made no difference though.

Pesala 01:51 29 Sep 03

Make a four cell table like my example with different size rows in each column using dynamic tables. Does it display correctly in Internet Explorer? If it does, the problem lies with the code produced by NOF4 - if not, perhaps the problem lies with IE?

Pesala 13:01 30 Sep 03

This page doesn't look too bad in Internet Explorer, but in Opera it is a mess click here

This page looks perfect in Opera, but looks a mess in Internet Explorer click here

Whatever happened to WYSIWYG? It would help a lot if I could solve the font size problem too as this will obviously affect the way that text displays in tables.

Pesala 13:27 30 Sep 03

By splitting the table vertically into two sections - one three-column table for the heading, and one two-column table for the verses - it looks a lot better. I have also reduced the lower table to just two columns, avoiding the large unsightly gaps caused by the different amounts of text in each cell.

Pesala 14:06 30 Sep 03

Net Objects Fusion: click here

Opera: click here

Internet Explorer: click here

The result in Opera is right, but not in Internet Explorer. It is just a simple table. Why does it not render the same in all browsers?

There are 3 columns by 2 rows. The two rows are merged in the first column to hold the navigation bar. The second two columns are merged in the first row to hold the page heading. The remaining two cells are not merged.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…