Internet Explorer stops sometimes

geedad 22 Jul 11

Win 7, Home Premium, Intel i5. Sometimes I get a message "Internet Explorer has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is found." A) It rights itself quickly. B) Windows has not notified me of any solutions, as yet. C) It is a nuisance! Anyone experience the same? I do use Ccleaner etc., often, to ensure a clean PC. geedad

buteman 22 Jul 11

Try Command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press the enter key on the keyboard.It should tell you the DNS Cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

northumbria61 22 Jul 11

You could try resetting IE settings. Open IE - Tools - Internet Options - Advanced Tab - Reset Internet Explorer Settings - RESET - Apply - OK. Close browser and restart.

buteman 22 Jul 11

Or try the Fix it on this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

geedad 22 Jul 11

buteman northumbria61 Thanks a lot. Will try. geedad

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message