Internet Explorer Status Bar

AcidBurn7uk 11:10 11 Mar 04

This possibly one of the most annoying problems (although not serious) I have had with my computer. Basically, all it is, is that sometimes the status bar in IE will sometimes show, and sometimes won't! It rarely appears when you open a new window, either using ctrl+n or clicking a link that opens up in a new window!! Please help as this is a major pain that I would like to solve. It appears to be with windows itselfs as it happens on my Dads machine to! WindowsXP Home and IE6 are running on both machines! Thanks in advance, J

Big Elf 11:15 11 Mar 04

Close down all sessions of IE apart from 1 then close this down using Ctrl and the x in the top right hand corner. It worked for me.

Stuartli 11:16 11 Mar 04

If you right click on the Status Bar and tick (enable) Standard Buttons, Address Bar and also use Customise to choose which features you require (Back, Forward, Search etc) you then Lock the Toolbars to retain the settings (again it should have a tick).

Big Elf 11:26 11 Mar 04

Blush, I forgot the tick option.

AcidBurn7uk 13:21 19 Mar 04

sorry, forgot to post back!
Unfortunatly neither option worked but a freind told me a way that did.
Open any explorer window (My Docs, My Comp etc) and click view->Status Bar then click Tools->Folder Options select the 'View' Tab and click 'Apply to all folder'
This way worked for me but it seems that ppl have sorted the problem in different ways!

Thanks anyway,
J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…