//some 3rd party need geo

Internet Explorer Startup Homepage

sobeitjedi 11:37 15 Jun 06

Hi.

What I want is for IE to automatically start and go to the set homepage when my group of users login.

At the moment this works (it has been set through Active Directory) but not for users on Citrix/Terminal Services. With these users, IE starts but displays a white screen. Only when you click homepage will it go to the set homepage.

Any ideas?

mattyc_92 11:49 15 Jun 06

You can change the default homepage, by doing the following...

1. Click "Start->Run" and type in "mmc" (without quotations) and press enter
2. Click "File->Add/Remove Snap-In" from the window that is displayed
3. Click "Add" and select "Group Policy" and click "Add" (tick the "Allow the focus of the Group Policy Span-in to be changed....." option and click "Finish")
4. Click "Close" on the Dialog Window Currently open and "Ok" on the one behind it
5. Navigate (using the "Tree" branch on the left) to "Local Computer Policy->User Configuration->Windows Settings->Internet Explorer Maintenance->URLs" and double-click the "Important URLs" option on the right
6. Tick the "Customize Home page URL" option and type/paste the URL address you wish to use as the defualt HomePage in IE
7. Click the "OK" button and close the "Console1" window.

You have successfully changed the DEFAULT homepage for IE

sobeitjedi 12:08 15 Jun 06

Thanks but that's where the homepage has already been set. It just doesn't work on the users with Citrix access, it works on users who have normal PCs.

stangley 18:26 05 Dec 06

At age 81 I have just found my way back into computing but am at loss with the most recent update. At run time I am now greeted with the message "The procedure entry port GetProcessImage FilenameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL."
The Home Page will not recognise click here as the Home page (PC Advisor October 2006 - Page 156 has the same complaint) and Start Page Guard doe not appear to solve it.
When a session ends there is an "error found" message with the usual send/dont send option.
Replies please in plain english - grey matter still works but not with to-day's buzzwords
Many thanks

anskyber 19:01 05 Dec 06

BT and some NTL or Blueyonder broadband users have experienced error message like "SmartBridge Alerts:-Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or MotiveSB.exe for NTL or IST for Blueyonder) Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL"

This relates to the BT ( NTL, Blueyonder) desktop helper. The simplest way to deal with it is to uninstall it if you do not use it or take it out of your start up list. The program name will be something like Motive Communications or Motive SB.

Alternatively, 1. Navigate to the installation location for SmartBridge via My Computer (\Program Files\Alert BT Help Notifier.exe (or Motive SBexe. for NTL or IST\SmartBridge for Blueyonder)
2. Find PSAPI.DLL and rename it to something like PSAPIOLD.DLL
3. Reboot the system

The program will find the new PSAPI.DLL in the \Windows\System32 directory and function normally.

To disable a start up program click here
Or, if you have Spybot Search and Destroy use their start up control tool.

anskyber 19:04 05 Dec 06

Citrix.

Citrix©--The CITRIX ICA Client ActiveX Control does not work when run in Internet Explorer 7 Protected Mode on Microsoft Windows Vista. The user will not be able to see the remote desktop in a webpage that is hosting the control. To work around the issue, the user can right-click the Internet Explorer icon and select Run as administrator. This allows the ActiveX control to run.

anskyber 19:05 05 Dec 06

The latter may not apply to you but the first post with NTL will

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…