Internet Explorer Security

Eileanbeag 14:16 16 Nov 10

I have a problem as every time I open Internet Explorer, Internet Explorer Security keeps asking to allow or disallow toolbars even when I tick the box to say do not ask again - howw do I fix this?

birdface 14:22 16 Nov 10

Try add-ons and see if anything needing enabled.

Eileanbeag 14:27 16 Nov 10

Have done that and tried enabling all and disabling all but this makes no difference

rawprawn 14:39 16 Nov 10

What is the toolbar in qustion? Have you tried a malware scan?
Try click here best run in Safe Mode.

rawprawn 14:40 16 Nov 10

Also look in Control Panel> Add Remove Programs if there is a suspect toolbar there, remove it.

GaT7 14:41 16 Nov 10

Which specific ones are being troublesome? G

Eileanbeag 14:54 16 Nov 10

Have checked add/remove but could see nothing: the two in question are BT Yahoo Assistant and conduit engine helper.exe

Woolwell 14:59 16 Nov 10

Which version of IE? IE9 often prompts for this.

rawprawn 15:12 16 Nov 10

Go to Start> Run> Type msconfig and hit Enter. In the Start Tab see if they are listed and if so untick them. then reboot your computer.

GaT7 15:23 16 Nov 10

You can change the settings for Yahoo Search Assistant click here to see if that's any help.

There may be something similar for Conduit. If not, enquire in their forums click here. G

Eileanbeag 15:27 16 Nov 10

Msconfig did not work - will try to change settings - I had no problem until today and then everytime I use IE - even to get back to this forum from mail - I have this problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…