Internet Explorer Script Errors

PC_HelpMe 20:07 07 Mar 08

Hi,

I use Windows XP Home Edition. Having recently installed Internext Explorer 7, I find I'm getting a lot of screen freezes and an "Internet Explorer Script Error" window pops up. There can also appear the word "Error" with an exclamation point over the top of it in the status bar at the bottom left of the page. This has only happened since my wife installed IE7 (her settings are fine - but its my settings that are having all the problems). What settings do I need to change to get rid of these "script errors"?

skidzy 20:39 07 Mar 08

In IE7

Tools / Internet Options / Advanced / scroll through to browsing and untick
Disable a notification of every script error.

Apply and ok.

Restart IE

skidzy 20:40 07 Mar 08

Sorry should read

Display a notification of every script error...untick this.

birdface 09:55 08 Mar 08

Hi.I have the same problem and also have script errors unticked.I just go to view untick status bar and you don't have to look at them all of the time.

PC_HelpMe 11:32 08 Mar 08

Hi - I have tried what skidzy has said, but same problem. It seems to happen on quite a few websites. I also can't access the log in page for my Hotmail account now either - I just have a blank page looking at me.

birdface 14:50 08 Mar 08

Firewall problem maybe.What Firewall are you using.

birdface 15:01 08 Mar 08

I suppose that you could try.Tools.Internet Options.Advanced and press the reset button.You will loose any add-ons that you have but you can put them back on later.

brundle 16:14 08 Mar 08

Re-install Javascript. click here

PC_HelpMe 18:21 13 Mar 08

I am using Bullguard for both my firewall and antivirus.

I am just trying to re-install Javascript. Will keep you posted.

Thanks.

PC_HelpMe 18:38 13 Mar 08

Tried re-installing Javascript - but still the same - ie; when trying to load the Sky News website I get the "error" message at the bottom left in the status bar. However, with the PC Advisor website there is no such error message - it just says "Done". I cannot access the "Sign In" page either for my Hotmail Account - but don't know if this is to do with Flashplayer not being recognised in my settings (yet is installed on our computer - the other user installed it and works fine on her settings).

PC_HelpMe 19:12 13 Mar 08

I don't know if this is of any relevance - but on my wife's Sky News page - there is an advert running across the top of the screen - yet on my Sky News page where there should be this advert, there is just a blank space - and I get this "Error" message at the bottom of the screen in the status bar?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now