Internet explorer script error on epsom printer

vodkagal3 12:56 03 Aug 04

When I try to use the printer symbol on any program ie. Email accounts etc I get a message that reads:-
Internet script error
Line 1344
Char: 1
Error unspecified error
Code: 0

Please can anyone help me rectify this problem

buscrew 13:34 03 Aug 04

Try going to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and place a tick in the "Disable Script Debugging" option.

vodkagal3 16:32 06 Aug 04

Further to my printing problem.....I decided in my infinate wisdom to uninstall my epson C62. Now I am trying to reinstall from the CD BUT when I put the CD into my CD driver I get the message.... cannot find SHELL.DLL.....I just am at a loss....can anyone point me in the right direction please.....I use my printer alot and am lost without it......help

woodchip 16:35 06 Aug 04

Have you removed from Add Remove in the Control Panel first. If you have and you do not have any other Epson Hardware on comp.

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Epson click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Epson in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Epson and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Epson then reboot your computer. then try reloading CD

vodkagal3 18:59 06 Aug 04

thanks woodchip....I did as you suggested but I still can't get the program to install keep getting the message "cannot find SHELL.DLL" when I put the disc into the drive.

Anymore suggestions would be appreaciated

I also have disabled script bugging.

woodchip 20:14 06 Aug 04

Two thing in the following order if you have a Full OS disc click here
Put the disc in before running the above and also the following type in the Run Box if XP

SFC /SCANNOW

if 98se SFC and run

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…