Internet Explorer Script Error

rural blues 11:39 02 May 03

I've noted with great interest all discussions on this subject. This is a nightmare, they are non-stop. Whether I press yes, no or the cross I can't get rid of them. Eventually AOL says it's not responding after I can gain no response to any of my actions. From this point on I have extreme difficulty in turning my machine off, which seems the the only way out of it all. Would someone please confirm the very best thing to do about this.
My O.S. is XP Home.
Thanks in anticipation.

MAJ 12:24 02 May 03

I don't use AOL, rural blues, but try using IE instead of the AOL browser.

MAJ 12:27 02 May 03

That was a silly response I made, ignore it, I've just noticed you are using IE.

Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and tick the "Disable Script Debugging" box and untick the "Display a notification about every script error" box.

rural blues 15:52 02 May 03

Thanks Maj, your solution does seem the most popular, but why do these things freeze my screen? If one popped up now how would I get rid of the b****r?

prozac1947 18:31 02 May 03

I hope that someone solves this problem for you - I have had the same thing happen today. Also, when I tried to re-install I have had messages "unable to install Kernel 32 dll and Msvbvm60 dll " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I will see what response you get - if you don't mind

rural blues 19:20 02 May 03

Maj - to tick and untick according to your second message would leave the respective settings unaltered! I think I read from earlier responses to this same problem that both boxes should be unchecked? That's what I've done - is that wrong?

Prozac1947 - welcome. The more the merrier?

rural blues 19:49 02 May 03

Maj - I've just restored the tick to "disable script debugging". I'm back to square one I think (having reread most of the older responses).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…