Internet Explorer Script Error

Simmpy 19:32 18 Nov 07

I have an Evesham PC, with Windows XP Home and I am using IE 7. I have 5 user accounts, I am the only adminstrator account. All the other accounts suddenly started to get script error pop ups. Also in the bottom left of the screen "error on page". Some links from sites just don't work. My account is unaffected. Disable script debuggiing is ticked in tools/internet options. Have been on the Microsoft forums and it seems quite a common problem. Drastic measures (for some one with my limited knowledge) involving the registry are suggested. It seemed to happen after installing Norton Internet Security 2008. However I uninstalled this and ran with just the Windows firewall and it made no difference! Please can anyone help us? Simmpy

johnnyrocker 19:49 18 Nov 07

click here

johnny.

Spark6 19:52 18 Nov 07

Have you installed IE 7.0 pro? I had the same 'error on page' after installing it and put it down to the fact it was blocking links and pop-ups.

I uninstalled 7.0, reverted back to 6.0, all OK at the moment!

Spark6 19:54 18 Nov 07

Yours was more concise than mine.

Spark6 23:43 18 Nov 07

"No just the bog standard IE7 - installed for a long time with no problems (initially probs with add ons but resolved that) Simmpy".

Try uninstalling and re-installing IE7 and please, post all responses through PCA and NOT the yellow envelope.

Annetta 14:44 09 Jan 08

I have Win XP Pro and I run IE6. Out of nowhere about 3 weeks ago I have been getting Error message appearing, even when I've not yet opened IE.

I get the error just after I start my pc, even before I open Outlook or Internet Explorer.

Under tools I've checked and my Advanced tab and all seems to be fine. Disable Script debugging is ticked, and Display a notification about every script error is un-ticked, as I believe it's supposed to be.

It's driving me mad - anyone offer a solution?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…