Internet Explorer script error

naviator 12:23 21 Jul 05

Error messages received saying that version of RPC stub is incompatible. How can this be corrected? System is W98SE. Simultaneously I am unable to access Windows Update nor can I uninstall some programmes.

VoG II 12:34 21 Jul 05
  naviator 16:59 30 Jul 05

I was unable in the first instance to access the sites suggested as nothing at all happened when I clicked on the access buttons. I therefore left the site and, on impulse, typed "rpc stub" into Google and was instantly taken to sites which could explain the error - downloading a programme suitable only for W2000 and XP which in the process changed oleaut.dll - and giving a very simple way of correcting it via DOS. Having used DOS long before Windows appeared there was no problem and the system is now fully restored.

I find now, some days later, that I can access your suggested site and am quite sure that one of the suggested remedies would have solved the problem albeit by a different route. Thank you anyway. I hope the information which you and I have given may help others. It seems one can get more things from Google than most people realise!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…