Internet Explorer Script Error

tsihar 15:15 13 Apr 04

Over the last month or so whenever I try to read Emails [using Outlook Express] from a particular sender (Ebay as it happens)I regularly get a message box on the screen, as in the title above, that "An error has occurred in the script on this page" and asking "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page - [Yes/No]". Clicking either yes or no gets rid of it no problem, but it's a nuisance. Anybody any ideas how to deal with this? Thanks.

VoG II 15:19 13 Apr 04

In Internet Explorer, Tools/Internet options, Advanced tab:

Tick Disable script debugging

Untick Display a notification about every script error

tsihar 15:43 13 Apr 04

VoG - many thanks for the quick reply. My IE settings were already as you suggested - not my doing I might add - I'm not clever enough for that!!

anon1 17:35 13 Apr 04

The problem is not your fault or your browser. That is a common error on many websites due to the webmaster not being up to the task. just choose to ignore those errors. Even NTL used to get these errors on their home page (not sure if they still do).

tsihar 17:43 13 Apr 04

Thanks Anon1. I might get on to Ebay to let them know what's happening ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…