Internet Explorer Screen Freeze on hyperlink

infodan 11:22 25 Aug 03

when i click on a hyper link in explorer a second window opens but just simply freezes .. this has only statred happening last few days. Ive tried to download the IE 6 and there are still problems. sometimes when i boot up the system it seems to be altering the systems settings or trying to update system files as tho a new install has been performed but it will not finish the task.. ive run diagnostics and everything seems to be working ok including the hard drive which has been defraged and cleaned and scanned. please help me im going out of my mind .....

Dan

harry_b 21:00 25 Aug 03

I have seen this happen sometimes if there is a "pop up stopper installed" if you have anything like this then remove it,also remove any internet explorer plugins (hotbar etc) clear the temporary internet files and reset the default internet settings(tools, internet options, advanced).

infodan 11:05 26 Aug 03

Ive tried doing that but no success. i rana spoy bot programa too and removed all the ad programs that might havae worked their way on there. and i run cleanup to totally remove all the old favourites and so on. I am running AOL 8 but have had it on there for a while now with no problems. there has been no changes to the laptop in the past few days re software that could have caused this so i am stumped? is it worth reinstalling the whole OS again? or is there something i can do before doing that that might work???

harry_b 19:01 26 Aug 03

Is it aol or internet explorer that your using?

infodan 10:34 27 Aug 03

the same problem occurs which ever one you use. it will not open a hyper link from aaol or IE 6 .. if you click on the link as a right click, then go to properties anad past the link URL in the address bar then it works fine but it will not work as a direct click through. Im thinking there is some sort of software problem.??????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…