Internet Explorer and runtime errors

beastieboy 20:12 15 Jun 03

Hi,

I am having all these runtime errors when surfing the net. Mostly come from eBay. I am on a Windows XP machine and running ZoneAlarm but only started happening yesterday.

Can anyone help.

Janusz

Gongoozler 21:19 15 Jun 03

Hi beastieboy. runtime errors are actually caused by software errors at the web site you are visiting. The daft thing is that IE asks you if you want to fix them. Check that in IE - Tools - Internet Options - Advanced, under the Browsing heading you have a tick in the box for "Disable script debugging"

beastieboy 21:24 15 Jun 03

seems ok

:-)

beastieboy 21:26 15 Jun 03

Still get the erros, when I go on eBay:

"A runtime error has occured
do you wish to debug?

Line: 86
Error: expected indentifier"

Boooo

Gongoozler 10:07 16 Jun 03

Hi beastieboy, there was another tick box that I forgot about. In IE - Tools - Internet Options - Advanced untick the box for "Display a notification about every script error".

beastieboy 10:28 16 Jun 03

That is unchecked but still errors still come flooding in!

Bugger

Gongoozler 10:39 16 Jun 03

Hi beastieboy. After making the changes you need to close and restart IE. The problem may also be that you have a Temporary Internet file that has a script error and is being reused, so you may need to clear your Temporary Internet files.

click here

beastieboy 10:57 16 Jun 03

No errors seem to be popping up, but I get that yellow trialngular error in the bottom let hadn corner.... just being petty now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…