Internet Explorer Reset

Legslip 21:24 21 Sep 04

A friend has all sorts of buttons and other infestations of his I E setup, probably put there by his PC manufacturer.
Is there a quick way of restoring back to its basic default state?

hugh-265156 22:30 21 Sep 04

can you give some more info on 'buttons, infestations' etc. please? what version of windows does your friend have and what version of IE please? can you also tell us the manufacturer of the computer. may help a bit re: software that comes with the computer and how to restore it to factory settings if needed. try this maybe in the meantime:

to repair IE click here

ask your friend to download, update and run both adaware and spybot search and destroy click here click here these should help remove any spyware,adware or dialers that may have added buttons to the IE toolbar. remove anything they find,it wont do any harm.

Legslip 19:27 22 Sep 04

Running XP Home & IE 6. The item that is a b....y nuisance is a toolbar across the bottom of the screen which takes you to a web site titled "Search the Web" operated by lop.com
Just want rid of it. Any ideas.
N.B have run SpyBot but does not remove!!

hugh-265156 22:28 22 Sep 04

im not sure sorry but both spybot and adaware should remove lop i believe. are they are both kept up to date with definitions?

try updating both of them then restart the computer and boot into safe mode (keep tapping F8 when you switch on the computer and select it from the list) and run a full scan with both and remove all they find. you may also want to delete your temp. internet files etc,im guessing this may also help.

if you still have problems after this then as a last resort go to the 'w ww. lop .com' (without spaces) website and click 'help' at the bottom of the page you will find information, removal instructions and uninstaller here also. i would try adaware and spybot first though.

hugh-265156 22:31 22 Sep 04

ps. seems add remove programs may also work. i would still run adaware and spybot afterwards though :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…