Internet Explorer repeatedly stops working

MikeSA 19:12 PM 14 Oct 13

Why is when viewing pages including PC Advisor pages, I keep getting the following error message : "INTERNAL EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING. A PROBLEM CAUSED THE PROGRAM TO STOP WORKING CORRECTLY. WINDOWS WILL CLOSE THE PROGRAM AND NOTIFY YOU IF A SOLUTION IS AVAILABLE". I am running Windows 8.

spuds 09:38 AM 15 Oct 13

Have you thought about removing Internet Explorer, and trying a new install?.

There could be a number of reasons for this happening, from compatibility issues, updates etc.

It might also pay to do a Google search, and see if other people have reported the same problems, and whether there is now a quick fix!.

onthelimit1 09:56 AM 15 Oct 13

IE is the least reliable browser. I almost always use Chrome now because of IE crashes. You could try rolling back to a previous version to see if that's any better, or try it with add-ons turned off.

rdave13 23:49 PM 25 Oct 13

IE is the least reliable browser for your good self possibly. I've been using IE since it was the 6 version and has always been the default one.

MikeSA check your add-ons and remove any strange ones then reset the browser. A reboot won't hurt.

Tools, internet options, advanced tab, reset.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know