Internet Explorer question (for Experts?).....

dave h 17:10 07 Apr 04

Bear with me , please.....
Open Internet Explorer.
Select ‘Tools’ menu.
From Menu select ‘Internet Options’.
In the box that appears, in the middle area (Temporary Internet Files) Click on ‘Delete files’. Another box appears asking ‘Delete all files in temporary internet files?’ In THIS box, there is a ‘sub-box’ labelled – ‘Delete all offline content’ (which you can ‘tick’ or ‘untick’ as you wish).

Can anyone tell me the difference between ‘Temporary internet files’ and ‘All offline content’???

I’ve looked in the ‘Internet Explorer help’ but cannot find anything referring to this.

Thanx in advance.

Sir Radfordin 17:14 07 Apr 04

Temporary internet files will be kept for all websites as you go along. Older files are overwritten as the allotted space fills up.

Offline content is something you have to request IE to keep for you. You may wish to be able to access a site 'offline' and so it creates a copy on your computer to allow you to do this. I expect there are few people who do this.

ened 17:27 07 Apr 04

This facility is mainly intended for people who use a pay-as-you-go dial up service.

GaT7 17:29 07 Apr 04

Also Temporary internet files are usually found in 'C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files folder', while Offline content is stored in the 'C:\Windows\Offline Web Pages' folder (or wherever you specified to save them - if you ever did). You can open those folders & view their contents if you like.

dave h 17:33 07 Apr 04

I get it...the Temp files are the ones the computer saves, and the 'Offline content ' are the ones you save.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

It would be nice if the "Help"(?) files explained it like that. (or even explained it at all!!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…