Internet Explorer provided by??????

pj123 18:12 29 Jun 03

Sometime ago, someone, somewhere gave a fix to change the "Microsoft internet Explorer provided by.... etc. to anything you wanted. Can that person post a response again please. My IE is provided by "Mickey Mouse" at the moment. But I would like to change it.

spikeychris 18:17 29 Jun 03

I've posted it in the past. Close IE and OU and type the below into run

rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear.

VoG II 18:18 29 Jun 03

click here click on Jester2K Freeware and scroll down to "I.E. De-Brander".

Stuartli 19:17 29 Jun 03

This tip was first provided by PC Advisor more than two years ago - I posted it in the Telegraph's Connected F!F!F! column shortly afterwards (with due acknowledgement) and got dozens of thank you e-mails.

Like you, I've also posted it in these threads on numerous occasions, including several quite recently, and the response has been equally gracious.

It's IE's own inbuilt method of getting rid of the branding and far, far more simple (and safer) than messing about in the registry...:-)

But it is important to get the space and the comma right, otherwise it doesn't work.

pj123 19:18 29 Jun 03

It used to say "Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Eagle Computers" which is me. but since i upgraded to ie6 it now says provided by Mickey Mouse. I want it to say Eagle Computers again???

Stuartli 19:19 29 Jun 03

Further to above, you will have to edit the registry to add a personal touch, but it would need a bit of work to find out the exact line to alter.

pj123 19:24 29 Jun 03

Yes, it was a registry hack, but someone gave the exact key to change. I did write it down at the time but I can't find it now.

spikeychris 19:25 29 Jun 03

thats where I got it from :o)

pj123, if you can be bothered then follow the below

In the reg, Press Ctrl-F, type BrandBitmap in the 'Find what' field, and press Enter. The search should land on the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ Internet Explorer\Toolbar\BrandBitmap.

Double-click the key in the pane on the right to open the Edit String dialog box. Edit the path in the Value Data field so that it points to the bitmap image of your choice. Click OK, and repeat the steps for the SmBrandBitmap and BackBitmap keys. If the keys don't exist, you'll need to create them by navigating to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar key, right-clicking in the right-hand pane, and choosing New, String Value.

Create a 38-by-22-pixel, 11-frame animated .bmp file for the BrandBitmap key; a 22-by-22-pixel, 31-frame image for the SmBrandBitmap key; and any small, low-contrast image for the BackBitmap key. To customize Internet Explorer's window title text, navigate to or create the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Window Title, double-click it, and retitle as you wish.

pj123 19:36 29 Jun 03

Thanks spikeychris. Will give it a go.

christmascracker 19:37 29 Jun 03

If you have spywareblaster installed you can change it by going to tools then misc.IE settings

Megatyte 19:43 29 Jun 03

To change it for OE search registry for windowtitle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…