Internet Explorer provided by?

rdh660 00:03 21 Jan 03
  rdh660 00:03 21 Jan 03

Anybody tell me how to change the provider name at the top of the internet explorer bar. Mine tells me it is still provided by an ISP I no longer use. Any ideas?.

woodchip 00:12 21 Jan 03

Try the IE repair tool, go to Add\Remove in control panel double click Microsoft Internet Explorer and choose from list

VoG™ 00:12 21 Jan 03

Go to Start, choose Run, and type or paste "rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear" without the quotes.
Hit Enter.

jazzypop 00:12 21 Jan 03
  rdh660 00:14 21 Jan 03

Thanks everyone. Great service. Will give it a go.

leo49 00:15 21 Jan 03

click here

Scroll down to VOG's post

Regards

leo49 00:16 21 Jan 03

Or get the fresh today one above!

Regards

woodchip 00:23 21 Jan 03

What worked please

Stuartli 01:42 21 Jan 03

In the explanation given by VoG™ (which I have mentioned several times in the forums) you have to make sure that the spaces are correct...:-)

It's actually an inbuilt feature of OE.

There's also a way to get rid of branding in Outlook Express but this involves the registry.

If anyone is interested I'll look it up from my previous answers.

Stuartli 01:50 21 Jan 03

This is the way to remove branding from IE and OE, which I originally had published in the Daily Telegraph in the middle of 2001:

Following your advice,on page 187 May 01, I have successfully removed ISP branding from Internet Explorer. Now I want to remove branding from Outlook Express. Can you show me how?

A. Yes. However, removing the Title bar branding from Outlook Express involves editing the Registry, so take whatever backup precautions you deem necessary before you start. Then click Start, Run, type Regedit and hit Enter. Open in turn the following Registry folders: Hkey_Current_User, Identities, {id-number}, Software, Microsoft, Outlook Express. Select the folder 5.0 (or whatever version of Outlook Express you are running), then look in the righthand pane for a value named WindowTitle. You can modify the text held in this value (double-click to edit it) or just delete it. If more than one id-number appears in your Registry, you may need to repeat the exercise for each one.

I must make it clear that the original explanation of how to remove branding from OE was published in PCA earlier that year; I took no credit for providing the answer.

I did get dozens of e-mails offering thanks for getting rid of FreeServe etc branding........:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…