Internet Explorer Properties Programs None listed

Remi2 19:51 16 Jun 04

Can anybody help please. Something obviously has happened at some point to stop the drop down boxes in Internet Explorer Properties Programs section from displaying any programs for use with email, newsgroups,etc.
I can still connect to the Internet OK and Outlook express still works, but I cant get any email from within Internet explorer.

GaT7 21:29 16 Jun 04

Try a repair of IE. click here if you need to know how. Good luck, G

Wak 21:37 16 Jun 04

Rght click a blank space on the Standard tool bar across the top of the I.E. page, choose "customize" and add the MAIL icon to the tool bar.
Clicking on this icon will then open Outlook Express from within I.E.
Is that what you mean??

Wak 21:40 16 Jun 04

You can also click on TOOLS/ Mail and News/ Read Mail and open O.E. from within I.E.

Remi2 17:20 19 Jun 04

I've sorted the problem

GaT7 17:28 19 Jun 04

Glad to know you've sorted the problem Remi2. What did you do that solved it? Would be useful for future reference. Thanks, G

Remi2 09:40 24 Jun 04

Hi Crossbow7. One of the programs I use to keep my XP system clean is JV16 PowerTools. I removed an Anti-Virus program called Grisoft AVG7, then ran JV16 to find what programs are listed in the registry to remove any traces that remained. There were two grisoft entries listed in the main programs list Grisoft AVG7 & Grisoft Clients. Removing the Grisoft Clients entry took out all the registry entries for programs one can use in explorer programs. Found this just by chance. Sometimes I wish computers had never been invented!!!

All the best

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…