internet explorer problems

funnybone 19:42 14 Feb 06

my grandson put a firewall, pc guard to stop all my pop ups. Now I have an error message Host not accesible. I cannot get I.E now onlu "about blank" on the tool bar whatever that means. Everything seems different now with loads of pop ups but not so many dating ones. I am not experienced and my grandson has gone home and left me to it. Any ideas. Thanks

palinka 19:52 14 Feb 06

I can help with part of that: the bit about "About blank". When you click on Internet explorer you probably had it set so that a particular web site opened automatically. Your grandson has changed it so that it doesn't open at any particuar page, but you can go to the page you want by deleting the words "about blank" & typing in the one you want (eg www. tiscali. co. uk; or click here else)without spaces of course, and you will be back at the familiar page. You HAVE still got Internet explorer, but you're just not taken to a particular page. I keep mine set at "About blank" because I prefer that. But you can change it back - right click the icon for IE on the desktop and in Home Page remove about balnk and type in the site you want it to open with each time. Click Apply; then OK.

palinka 19:54 14 Feb 06

ignore the "click here" bit in brackets after the tiscali address - I was inventing an example, but it didn't work!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac