Internet Explorer problems

johnstott 17:18 27 Nov 04

I am currently having severe difficulties with explorer to get access to the internet. Every time I type in a web address or use any of the favourites it closes saying explorer has caused an error in ‘unknown’ or more often than not kernel32.

The problem appeared to originate the other day after my daughter went to a music site and acquired several viruses. These have all now been removed but the problem is still there.

I have tried deleting the 386 file and defragging but the problem still remains.

I have re-installed Windows ME (not a clean install) and installed IE 6 but still no joy.

Any thoughts?

ACOLYTE 17:28 27 Nov 04

Not sure why you would wont to delete,and if you could delete the i386 file,think thats where windows keeps most of the drivers and stuff it needs for restoring,click here may help with the K32 errors.

johnstott 17:47 27 Nov 04

I read somewhere deleting the 386 file might sort the problem but not in this case!

VoG II 17:55 27 Nov 04
  johnstott 00:49 28 Nov 04

Thanks VOG

I did spot that posting shortly after I posted my question. In typical fashion the key example on the site is not currently available. Some of the others I have looked at but they don't quite fit or indeed I have tried the options with no luck.

Similarly, the links acolyte posted led me to the 386 deletion option a few days back.

johnstott 23:22 29 Nov 04

Unfortunately no joy with the options so I took the quick fix and went for Firefox tonight. On that basis it has been plain sailing with no problems from the new browser. Obviously not a technical solution to the problem but it gets me on the way till I want to do a completely new install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…