Internet Explorer Problem

Phoenix40 16:35 10 Feb 08

Hello i use Wins98SE when i do a scandisk i get an error message about a damaged folder called IE5\4JV3QKDD. I have tried to repair it or delete it, but i cant seem to deal with it. The scandisk still shows its there, and my scandisk doesnt seem to be able to finish its checks. I assume its to do with Internet Explorer 5, but i now use Internet Explorer 6. I also tried to repair it with the internet repair from systems. As anyone got any idea what this is and how to deal with it. Any help much appreciated thank you.

MAT ALAN 16:39 10 Feb 08

click here

google offers absolutely no info on this at all so i assume its spyware of some sort.

try the prog in the link and scan your PC with whatever spy/malware progs you have...

VoG II 16:40 10 Feb 08

Try running click here which should delete the folder.

For some reason Microsoft still call the folder IE5 even with IE6 and IE7.

Phoenix40 16:46 10 Feb 08

Hello thank you for your replies. Yes i tried it with my Adware and Spybot, but it still stubbornly keeps appearing. I will try and use what VoG advises soon thanks.

woodchip 16:52 10 Feb 08

Have you tried running from Run SFC with 98se CD in computer

woodchip 16:53 10 Feb 08

also do a search for IE.inf double click the file it finds

Phoenix40 18:33 10 Feb 08

Hello woodchip im afraid i dont have a Wins 98SE disk. Many years back when my computer completely crashed. The suppliers just sent some sort of programme CD that just installs all the files from Wins 98SE but i cant find any particular file by searching it. You also have to use a floppy disk with it that ends up clearing all my files on the computer first. So im afraid i cant use that. Ive been doing scandisk check again and the file is still there its on the Temperary Internet folder in Windows system directory. Let me know anymore ideas while i keep searching for it thanks.

woodchip 18:43 10 Feb 08

Look for i386 folder in Windows explorer, it will have Cab files in it if it's the 98 setup. THese can also be copied to a cd to rerun setup. Point SFC to this folder if it wants to update a file

Phoenix40 18:53 10 Feb 08

Hello thanks for your reply woodchip. It sounds rather technical to me. If you mean to actually copy the file onto a CD. Im afraid my computer doesnt have that facility, its rather old. Also im not sure what your abbrev SFC means. Im no real computer geek, i just have to learn new things as they happen, so you ll have to be more patient in explaining things by stages thank you, hope to heat from you soon.

Phoenix40 19:14 10 Feb 08

Hello ive just used VoG cleanup system, but it doesnt seem to work. Ive just done a scandisk check again and this so called damaged folder is still there on the windows system temporary internet folder. But when i check the folder i cant find this other folder. So does anyone have any ideas whats happening, certainly strange thing.

VoG II 19:18 10 Feb 08

Did you restart after running CleanUp!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac