internet explorer problem

ole1999 11:39 22 Sep 07

I have the latest version and whenever i try to open my browser the page loads up and just freezes, i cannot do anything.

I have uninstalled and installed again but still have the same problem, i am running xp and using firefox at the moment, have ran various scans but nothing as helped.

any help much appreciated.

Thank You

birdface 12:56 22 Sep 07

Does IE6 works Ok when you are on it.If so you could try,Control Panel.Add Remove.On the little square at the top.Tick show Up-Dates.Then scroll down to Internet Explorer Ver 7.And uninstall it.When you get back to IE6 run C Cleaner then turn your Firewall off and re-install IE7 and see if that works.

muscic lover 14:10 22 Sep 07

I suggest you delete IE version 6 and reinstall version 7. This usually fixes the problem.

Suggest you also do a back up as well of your important files and note your favourites and RSS feeds folders too.

Let us know how you get on!

birdface 15:35 22 Sep 07

Hmm.I don't know if you can un-install IE6 without damaging your computer.I think IE6 comes pre-installed with the XP disc.But I could be wrong.

ole1999 04:31 26 Sep 07

sorry for the late reply guys.
I uninstalled again then did a clean up, installed again and now working fine.

thank you for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…