Internet Explorer Problem

prima12 18:25 17 May 07

Hi, I opened up a discussion thread 'What do you think of these? Opinions please'.I opened a link from *THE RAVEN* for the ebuyer site, I then get the following message:-

Runtime Error
Program....NDOWS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\INTERNET EXPLORER\EXPLORE.EXE
R6025
-pure virtual function call

I then press the OK and the Internet closes, any suggestions please, I have tried other links in other threads and they are OK. I have tried to repair Internet Explorer, but on re-booting I get a message:-

'An error or exception occurred while calling the function "DllRegisterServer"in "C\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Explorer\hmmapi.dll"

I have downloaded 'hmmapi.dll' but it asks me what I want open it with and I don't know, also how do I install 'hmmapi.dll' into the system? Sorry it's so lengthy. P.

skidzy 18:36 17 May 07

Looks like your IE is corrupt.

What version of IE 6 or 7,if 6 try this click here

Also try the system file checker

Start/run and type sfc /scannow and enter

Understanding sfc click here

Technotiger 18:41 17 May 07

Hi, I agree with skidzy, run CCleaner this may well fix it.
click here

prima12 21:16 17 May 07

Thanks for your replies. I am using the old W98se with IE6, I've run IEFix, as this also applies to W98, and I had previously run Ccleaner and thought that it may have been responsible for the problem so I reinstalled the 'backup' file, but no difference, could it be the ebuyer website that is at fault, I don't get a problem with any other links?P.

prima12 21:25 17 May 07

Just as an add-on to my previous reply, I went onto the ebuyer site and anything I select to view gives me the same message. P.

Technotiger 21:28 17 May 07

Hmm, as you don't have any problems with other links, I would guess that the site in question in conjunction with THE RAVEN's link, has a fault.

skidzy 21:37 17 May 07

What happens when you click on this link click here

And when you click buy ?

Can you post a screenshot of your problem.

Ebuyer site seems to work fine here.

skidzy 21:39 17 May 07

If you still cannot access my link or the buynow option but all other sites are fine,try with your firewall disabled briefly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos