Internet Explorer Problem

1887 21:23 20 Feb 07

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me.

Ive recently brought a laptop off a friend of mine whos emmigrated to australia. And ive powered it up and it works fine.

Come to connect it to the net and it wont work. So ive enabled network connections and its says thats its connected on line but wont display the internet.

Any ideas?

stephen0205 21:33 20 Feb 07

is it wired or wireless, u must have the rite drivers. Also try connection wizard lol.

1887 21:38 20 Feb 07

It wired on an ethernet cable.

Its showing local area connection is connected. So its there but not showing. Im looking for a wizard on here cos everybody is always very helpful.

Tried wizard on PC but not very helpful at all

Cheers anyway

Anyone else care to advise me please.

Its on a samsung V20 Laptop

Kate B 21:41 20 Feb 07

Firewall issue?

birdface 21:55 20 Feb 07

Try ,Control panel.Internet Options,Programs,Make internet Explorer my default web browser, Make sure it is pressed,Or try Control panel.Network connections Right click Local area connection,Repair. See if there are any problems on there,

birdface 22:00 20 Feb 07

Or try,Control Panel,Internet Options.Connections,Lan Settings,Automatically detect settings,Make sure that it is ticked,Just do it that way if you are not on dial up,

1887 22:02 20 Feb 07

Right

What it is, is that its running on freeserve internet connection. Dial up maybe I dont know. But I have NTL or should I say virgin media broadband. But it just doesnt want to play just wondered if anyone knew what I had to do to get it working?

birdface 22:13 20 Feb 07

Have you run the NTL Install Disc on it,

birdface 22:21 20 Feb 07

I would imagine that you would have to delete the freeserve internet connection,And run the NTL connection Disc,For this you will need to have remembered your password ect when you first had NTL,But better wait to see if you get better information,

1887 22:24 20 Feb 07

Tried that too mate

You know in the corner of your pc screen when your on the net? Usually shows windows sign ect

Well this one shows freeserve ive uninstalled it but its still showing the sign in the corner of freeserve only.

Looks like im gonna have to purchase a new windows xp disc and reinstall everything includes drivers

Kate B 22:30 20 Feb 07

Hang on. What's your ISP? Are you trying to use a predefined connection to Freeserve? That's not going to work if you're with NTL.

Go into the router's set-up page via your brower - probably 192.168.0.1 - and make sure your login details are entered. It should just connect and be always on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…