Internet explorer problem

gruffass 07:54 26 Mar 06

When i click on the shortcut on my desktop to open IE it does'nt appear, its on the task bar but i can't make it appear on screen! Think it may have something to do with the internet tuner i did friday, used ashampoo winoptimizer. Not the brightest idea i've had seeing as I'm on broadband! I used the option to restore backup files it had made but it didn't seem to work.
Is not a major problem but i liked the idea of not having to log on to aol to use internet. Any help guys

howard63 07:57 26 Mar 06

have you tried system restore to go back before your experiment?

gruffass 08:34 26 Mar 06

System restore worked except for a few games which re-installed and I can't remove them. How do I remove them?

howard63 08:36 26 Mar 06

if add remove progs cannot remove them you can do it manually using explorer.

gruffass 09:06 26 Mar 06

Do you mean manually delete the files and folders? Doing it that way still leaves files behind in system folders doesn't it? I'd like to remove all files but if i can't then thats what i'll do. Also i'd like to remove them from the add & remove list, any ideas on that?

VoG II 09:08 26 Mar 06

Look for files called uninstall.exe or unwise.exe and run them.

Remove unwanted entries click here

Wak 10:18 26 Mar 06

Hi Gruffass, If I.E. doesn't appear on screen when you click on the short-cut icon it could mean that the icon is not pointing to the right place.
First remove the existing icon on the desk top then go to Start, All programs and RIGHT CLICK Internet Explorer. Select "Send to", Desktop (Create short-cut) and you should end up with a workable short-cut on the desktop.
If I'm barking up the wrong tree, please ignore the above and accept my apologies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009