Internet Explorer Problem

babybell 14:35 16 Mar 06

For some unknown reason, my internet explorer has developed a little problem. When i launch internet explorer it is fine and i can click on links and everything and as long as they load in the same window it's ok. The problem comes when i click a link and a 2nd browser window opens ie, "Open Link In New Window" will not launch. The screen opens but it is all white, there is no green loading bar at the bottom of the screen or any text that says "opening page" or "done", the address of the website that is trying to load isn't in the address bar either. All i do have is the standard buttons along the top. Anyone have any ideas?

VoG II 14:42 16 Mar 06

click here

http:// windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFIX.htm without the space after //

babybell 14:48 16 Mar 06

Cheers VoG, i'll try that when i get home

babybell 17:50 16 Mar 06

I tried running that program but it came up with an error message saying "Runtime error '429'. Active X component can't create object"
I tried a system restore but i had turned it off before a virus check and forgot to turn it back on. Do u have any other suggestions. Can u just download IE again?

skidzy 17:58 16 Mar 06

This is worth a try Babybell........Download the Registry Optimiser version ..its free unless you want to buy the full version.
Once downloaded,goto advanced tools,tick all,and repair internet explorer.
Ive used this for 2 years now to great effect.
It also has many other tools which come in handy at times.
The only difference to the full version is the registry scanner will only fix 10 errors at once,while the full version corrects all errors.Nevertheless,you can still scan and repair as many times as you like. click here

babybell 18:27 16 Mar 06

I downloaded that program and ran the IE fix and restarted but it is still not working. I don't know whats happened to it.

VoG II 18:31 16 Mar 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…