Internet explorer problem

fullywired23 21:01 04 Jan 05

Hi ,

after formatting H/D and re-installing Windows Xp pro and installing all drivers ,found that when I try to launch IE I get the error page ,ie: page unavailable etc.So I installed Mozilla ,that works fine so does the messenger browser .but Not IE.I have checked everything that I can think of to no avail .It is definitely installed and enabled as far as I can see .Can anyone shed any light on this problem please, any help will be much appreciated

viejo

Technotiger 21:03 04 Jan 05

Hi, I suggest re-install IE, this would fix any problems with possible corrupt files etc.

Cheers.

john-232317 21:06 04 Jan 05

Try this

click here

fullywired23 21:43 04 Jan 05

Thanks

Technotiger and dadyassa I will try that this weekend because the guy whose comp it is has taken it home and is bringing it back this weekend

thanks once again for your help

viejo

vandango 23:24 04 Jan 05

I to have been having this problem. It occured after installing service pack 2. I have searched the forum and found a few posts recommending to fix IE from add/remove programs. Will try this and hope it fixes the problem.

Also now I get "Internet Explorer could not open the search page" error message appear when typing a web address in the address bar.

Anyone any ideas about this?

john-232317 15:29 05 Jan 05

People have been asked not to hijack threads as the answering gets confusing, also you will get more response if you start your own thread ;-D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…