Internet Explorer problem

Totally-braindead 17:01 10 Sep 04

I'm sure its simple but I can't see how to do it, I've lost the top line of my toolbar in Internet Explorer that says file, tools, options etc. Can someone tell me how to get it back, thanks.

Pesala 17:06 10 Sep 04

Just press F11 again.

VoG II 17:07 10 Sep 04

Right click toolbar and untick Lock the Toolbars.

Left click (and hold the mouse button down), click on the vertical row of dots at the end of toolbar and the cursor should turn into a four-way arrow. Drag down and your menu bar should reappear.

You may need fiddle around to get everything as it should be. Then right click and tick Lock the Toolbar.

Totally-braindead 17:11 10 Sep 04

No thats not it, it happened after I installed a program called lookout from Microsoft. I'm sure its just a matter of ticking or unticking a box somewhere but I don't know where.

Totally-braindead 17:20 10 Sep 04

Perhaps I'm not explaining it properly, its not the actual toolbar I've lost its the bit that appears above it, the text bit that allows you to set your internet options and open another window etc, etc. Its this thats disappeared and I want to get back.

VoG II 17:23 10 Sep 04

Yep, your menu bar. This acts like toolbar, just like the ones with buttons on. It may have been displaced by one of the others so I suggest you try dragging them around a bit.

Stuartli 17:24 10 Sep 04

Right click on a part of the top of the window and check to enable Standard Buttons, Address Bar etc.

If that doesn't cure it then it must be an F11 issue.

Totally-braindead 17:31 10 Sep 04

Nope no go, I'm sure its an option somewhere among the internet connections but I can't find it, anyone else any suggestions?

Stuartli 17:43 10 Sep 04

See the last posting here:

click here

Obviously gleaned from Knowledge Base...:-)

Totally-braindead 17:57 10 Sep 04

Thanks Stuartli that did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…