Internet Explorer problem

Kegsy 11:35 14 Jan 04

I have a problem with IE; it won't connect to the internet and I can't send or receive e-mails. I think the problem started after I tried downloading a screen saver. The first thing I noticed was a new home page had inserted itself, slotch .com. and a new e-mail address appeared in my dial up connection box. I have deleted these, but now all I get when trying to connect to any website is "page unavailable". I guess I need to reinstall IE and OE, but I can't find any reference to these on my original set up discs. I wonder if they are an integral part of the Windows set up disc?

AndyJ 11:49 14 Jan 04

Running Ad Aware and/or Spybot should get rid of your prob, if not - try Pest Patrol

Gongoozler 11:50 14 Jan 04

Try downloading and running AdAware click here and Spybot SD click here. One of these might find some residuals of the pest.

beeuuem 12:29 14 Jan 04

A Google search for 'remove' will give many results.
This page may here See the 'remove toolbar' section.

Kegsy 18:05 14 Jan 04

They look helpful, trouble is I can't connect up because of the problem, I'm sending this from the computer at work.

AndyJ 19:15 14 Jan 04

Why don't you download AdAware and Spybot at work and copy them to disc? Do you have a CD writer at work? Or do you know anyone that has a CD Writer that can download them for you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…