Internet explorer problem

bluenet 13:45 17 Sep 03

Can any one help?

Links dont seem to work on my computer. Whenever i try to open a link a new window opens but its completely blank (not even toolbars or address bar). When i look at the error message the error it gives is "class not registered".
Popups also seem to be affected aswell which is nice but id rather have a fully functional internet explorer.

PS My computer runs on windows xphome and i connect to the internet though a network. (Theres no firewall)

Jester2K II 13:50 17 Sep 03

click here;en-us;306831

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the Urlmon.dll file is not registered.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type Regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
When prompted with the DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded message, click OK.

JIM 13:53 17 Sep 03

do you run stardownload manager? You could also try,

fix to repair Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x for Windows XP:
From the Start menu, choose Run.

In the Run window, type, (copy and paste to run box usually works.

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt"

Note: The command is case-sensitive.

Click the OK button.

Click the Repair Internet Explorer option.

Click the Yes button to complete the repair.

Restart the computer when you are prompted and allow the computer to configure Microsoft Internet Explorer.

bluenet 14:00 17 Sep 03

I'm so happy. i can now surf properly!!!!!!!
I got hundreds of popups but who cares!

JIM 14:12 17 Sep 03

I really really glad for you as you say,

(I'm so happy )Could you poss,put my enquiring mind at rest and poss Jester2K II and let us know what the cure was.It will also help others later.

We could cure those popups! :)

TommyRed 14:22 17 Sep 03

Get the google (search engine) toolbar from click here and you don't even need the toolbar showing to stop pop-ups, works fine for me. TR

bluenet 14:22 17 Sep 03

it was the Urlmon.dll file problem that Jester2K II posted on the bottom of the first post that solved the problem.

bluenet 14:33 17 Sep 03

Thanks TommyRed

Not only do i not get popups now ive even got the yahoo toolbar back. Which i somehow managed to lose. I missed the big red Y button that takes you back to yahoo.

JIM 14:33 17 Sep 03

thanks for that,and good call Jester2K II.

SEASHANTY 15:43 17 Sep 03

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…