Internet Explorer Prblem

willietaylor 19:38 12 Jan 05

I have encountered a problem which I cant seem to solve........I have IE 6 and now for some strange reason when I click on link which opens new window the window appears but never loads up.....I get no error message and this happens no matter what site or link i click on......any ideas......I have repaired and re-installed IE 6 but probelm remains.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 19:52 12 Jan 05

i have no answer to your problem,but if you can't get it sorted perhaps a new internet browser.i have used netscape7 i think its better than MS6 check the pca poll for what people think of them.cheers.ben

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:59 12 Jan 05

Perhaps you need to check your privicy and security settings.

Tools - internet options - security tab / privicy tab

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:06 12 Jan 05

you could try lowering your cookie settings,just a try?.

VoG II 20:12 12 Jan 05

1. Quit all programs that are running.

2. Click Start, and then click Run.

3. Type

regsvr32 urlmon.dll

and then click OK.

4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):

Shdocvw.dll

Msjava.dll

Actxprxy.dll

Oleaut32.dll

Mshtml.dll

Browseui.dll

Shell32.dll

willietaylor 18:43 13 Jan 05

Thanks to Vog for your help ran through all that you suggested and when trying Shell32.dll got follow error message which has left me with raised eyebrows......ERROR : Shell32.dll was loaded, but the Dll registerserver entry Point was not Found. Dll registerserver may not be exported, or a corrupt version of Shell32.Dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect it or remove it. NOW am stuck the only reference to Pview I find is a graphic reader ???

Any Ideas Peeps.

VoG II 18:45 13 Jan 05

Which version of Windows do you have? Shell32.dll should only be present with Windows 2000 and XP.

JonnyTub 18:54 13 Jan 05

might help: click here

JonnyTub 18:57 13 Jan 05

For the original problem try flushing the dns cache by opening a command prompt and typing IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS

Note the space in the command.

And a bit of background info on what flushing does click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…