Internet explorer pop ups and windows dont open

I need some help for my dad

He's running win xp on a pentium 4 and hes been having some trouble with his internet explorer recently.

He's been using telewest dialup pay as u go as his isp, but decided to change to telewest unlimited. anyway rather than just change his account they sent him another disk and he (stupidly) installed it even though it is the same as his old disk.
anyway ever since then when ever he connects to telewest the home page pops up and if he types an address in the address bar the page comes up no problem, however if it's a pop up or the link wants to appear in a a seperate window it comes up blank.

I'm guessing it's some sort of software conflict but some advise would help.

hugh-265156 00:22 06 Apr 03

check tools/internet options/advanced and check jit for virtual machine requires restart and show pictures are both ticked.

hugh-265156 00:26 06 Apr 03

might just be fault on that page though.if it comes up blank right click pic and click show picture.i have to do that here sometimes to see resolved folder icons.

VoG™ 09:19 06 Apr 03

Sounds like click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…